Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Puppy Party





 
This puppy party was for one of my twin daughters. For their 8th birthday I decided to give them their own separate parties in a theme of their choosing. Up until now I had always done just one party for both of them. We started planning about six months before their birthday which is at the beginning of July. Starting this early was great as it gave me the time to find items that matched our theme and color scheme, some of which I was able to find on sale too which was another bonus.



We chose to go with pink and purple for the colors. I made all the paper goods including the invitations, which I neglected to take a picture of, 'Happy Birthday' banner, the cake bunting (which I used on the cupcakes instead of a cake), treat bags and 'thank you' cards.
I also made all the treats for this party which included cupcakes with chocolate paw prints for decoration which I made using a mold, brownies and rice krispie treats which I cut into the shape of dog bones using cookie cutters and not shown here were chocolate dogs on a stick which I also used a mold for.

I used my daughters stuffed dog toys as decorations throughout the party - you gotta love free props! I also used those great paw print balloons I found at Hobby Lobby along with plain pink and purple ones.
For activities the girls painted puppy sun catchers, did dog themed foil scratch art, played Hot Dog (my take on hot potato) using a stuffed hot dog dog toy and a guess the famous dog game.

They also watched the movie Marmaduke and made no sew fleece pillows using dog print fleece. So cute!

This was a fun party and my daughter loved it which of course makes all the hard work so worthwhile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment